Friday, June 10, 2011

Pants to Shorts

Though it would be nice if the sewing I do every day was always quilting, some days the only sewing I do is mending. But I'm not complaining - I am very grateful that I know how to fix and change things to get more life out of them. It saves us a lot of money!

Today I shortened a pair of Sofia's jeans into shorts. Apparently, according to my 10 year old girl, embroidered flowers on jeans aren't 'cool' anymore, so they just had to go.

Don't you love her sad pose? (She was trying her best not to laugh)...
And look how happy she was to have those totally uncool embroidered flowers gone...
Boy am I getting old. I still thought embroidered flowers were cool!

2 comments:

MB in MI said...

So cute! I still like to just 'sew' also! :-)

Elzaan said...

The embroider flowers have been replaced by zippers (that opens to nothing) and holes in the jeans.
Love the "new" pants though.