Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cupcakes!

Not a lot of sewing went on in this house today, but a lot of baking went on! I wanted to try a recipe my friend Shannon posted on her blog - she says it's the best buttercreme frosting ever, so of course I had to give it a go! I can with much confidence say that she is right! It is absolutely delicious. It takes the better part of an hour to make, but definitely worth it. It involves meringue, simple syrup, and butter. Lots and lots of butter. Don't ask me how much, just make it.

I made the batch of buttercreme, made bags of different colors and flavors (vanilla, coconut and strawberry), and let the kids go to town. They LOVED it!

So enjoy the pictures of our cupcake decorating day...
















3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww...toothless and adorable!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Yumm, I'm coming to your place!

Elzaan said...

Looks like fun! Next time I want to join!!!