Monday, March 28, 2011

Done DONE!

Finally the sampler quilt is finished. The binding is on, and it has been washed and fluffed up in the dryer to give it that cosy wrinkly look! I am sitting with it here on my lap right now as I type and can still feel the warmth from the dryer.
Aaah pure bliss!

I have photos of it before and after the washing/drying.
Before...(with help from my Sofia holding it!)






And after...(with help from the hubster!)




And yes that's right, I didn't even pick up the remains of the day's mess before I took the photos. I'm keeping it real here folks!

11 comments:

Sharon Robinson said...

What a beautiful quilt! Usually samplers look so mish-mashy, but the fabrics and colors you chose make it very cohesive. Love it!

Elzaan said...

Great job. That is a wonderful quilt. After washing and drying, it definitely looks soft and cosy!
Elzaan

SO I'M Anna Fogg, an eclectic kinda gal said...

Glorious Wrinkles!! You have inspired me to get to that shop in Annapolis, CottonSeed Glory (remember? right before we ate those Chesapeake Bay blue crabs? and you treated me to some fabric?) anyhow, that strip on the back? That is a whole other quilt! Just glorious.

Oops-Lah said...

It turned out lovely! Love the fabrics and colours you've used.

Sheila said...

Lovely quilt, super fabrics, great,colours.Traditional and modern all at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I especially love the back.

Nancy said...

I love your quilt. The color choices are wonderful.

Karen said...

Love all those dots and circles!

Raewyn said...

You are rightfully proud of this lovely quilt! Gorgeous photos!!

Barb said...

wonderful quilt.
I love that green and the back is fabulous!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Fabulous Finish! Well done and I love all the crinkled goodness!