Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bird in a Tree

I had fun playing with my new scraps today! I put them in my big metal scrap bin which went from half full...
to overflowing!

I then went to town and pulled out some blues and reds and made some blocks for my zig zag quilt, then ironed the HST's that are left over from said blocks. I decided to make a tree block from this tutorial, using only the the new pile of scraps, and to use the left over HST's for the border.
So far so good. I need to applique the bird down, then add some leaves, sew on the HST's, quilt and bind it. Phew I'm tired just thinking about it all! But it's small so it won't take too long. Stay tuned for the finished product in the next few days!

4 comments:

SO I'M Anna Fogg, an eclectic kinda gal said...

SOOOO Jealous of all those scraps...that birdie is cute. I see it as another pillow. My girls saw your pillows and each want a unique one for their beds. ~a

Monet said...

I love your bird...its tiny legs are so cute!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

heheh! It's only over flowing when you have 10 scrap bins... LOL! Love all those scraps Joanna!!!! happy playing!

Jeanne said...

I knew you'd make something great from the scraps. Lots more to come, I'm sure.