Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tree progress

Don't faint. Yes this is my 2nd post in as many days. Something must be wrong with me! Well I suppose I do have a bug - the quilting bug!

I have been happily needleturning leaves and grass in my spare moments last night and today, and now have the top of the mini tree quilt done. I even took photos of the progress, and had my quilt holder on hold ready to work!


First layer of leaves
Second layer of leavesThird layer of leaves and the leaves are finally done!
Grass glue-basted down
Isn't he a cutie?!!
All done and ready to quilt and bind. I hope you enjoyed a look into the process and order of the applique!

13 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow, the three layers really make this pop. Thanks for sharing the step by step, really shows how finished it looks compared on one layer of leaves.

Karen said...

I don't think there is a cure for the quilting bug.

Lori Holt said...

I love the layered leaves...is that the name of the quilt?...:)
x
lori

Raewyn said...

Beautiful needleturning and lovely layering Joanna. And a cute quilt hanger too!

Nedra said...

Really cute tree, and I love your fabric selections. good job!

em's scrapbag said...

I love your little quilt and the quilt holder is a cutie.

Oops-Lah said...

It's getting better and better. Love it! Cheers

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love what you have done with those leaves. The layers are great and add such depth!

Kelly said...

Love it!!

antique quilter said...

love that isn't it amazing the look you can achieve with layering fabric, great choice of fabrics
what a fun tree!
can't wait to see it hanging on the wall of little quilts
Kathie

Barb said...

what a fun little quilt!
the colors are great and yes, he is a cutie!

Marie Rayner said...

Joanna, I just love the colours and the pattern. This is beautiful!

Nanette Merrill said...

I really really love this. A lot. Great fabric and great applique.