Thursday, June 17, 2010

Miss Lisa

Today marked the end of an era in our family. My youngest, Joaquin, had his very last speech therapy lesson with his teacher, Miss Lisa. She's not really a 'Miss', but that's what everyone calls her:) We have been with her for over 2 years now, and it was a very bittersweet last lesson. We are happy that Joaquin has progressed enough to be released from speech, but we will definitely miss our Miss Lisa. So of course the occasion needed a quilt.
If you look closely you can see some words I quilted in the background.
They are words that Joaquin had to practice over and over again for homework...C-C-Cloud, L-L-Lion, and the one that was hardest to shake, and he has only just fixed, "Miss Wisa"!!!

Miss Lisa loved her quilt, and I am really digging the resemblance!
OK so I got the eye color wrong, but the rest is from memory. When I showed it to Joaquin this morning and asked him who he thought it was, and he said, "Miss Lisa!!!", that's when I knew I had done something right!

Miss Lisa, thank you for all you did for Joaquin - we will miss you!

11 comments:

SO I'M Anna Fogg, an eclectic kinda gal said...

wow, that is so wonderful. I remember when he began those lessons. Will he stay at that same school? Miss Lisa must sure be special!

Lisa said...

How cute! what a great gift! Those L's can be tough! We worked hard with Nature Boy!

Oops-Lah said...

Yes, I definitely see the resemblance. I'm sure Miss Lisa was thrilled with that lovely gift.

Brenda said...

What a great idea! It's awesome!

em's scrapbag said...

What a wonderful gift. You did a beautiful job.

Raewyn said...

What a thoughtful idea..and a lovely quilt. Love the words incorporated in the quilt!!

Trisha said...

What a nice gift for a special person!

wishes, true and kind said...

What a perfect gift!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh Joanna that is really really sweet.

XUE said...

It's always wonderful to be appreciated & even more so with a special handmade gift like this. Miss Lisa must be truly special too.

Mary Lou Weidman said...

That is the cutest quilt I have ever seen and even better is that once Miss Lisa retires, it is you and your son she will remember. That quilt is a piece of history. You did a great thing!